Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Thursday, January 10, 2008

A new life, a new Flora

Dear ATWKS reader,

I have a very important story to tell you; a story of greed. A greed so deep that you're willing to sell the soul of your own kin for a nice, fat paycheck. A story of riches through conmanship, and never through honest, hard work. It's basically the story of my parents driving me away from them through those things.

To hit things off, my dad is the biggest conman in history. I think he's conned people out of tens of thousands of dollars in every car accident case, and he's had about six. When asked why he won't just start off with a lower-ranked job that he can actually get, he simply said that he's too good for that kind of work. He's so good that, though he doesn't go to work, he feels that he doesn't have to do shit around the house, either! I've put up with this shit for very long, but that's not how things will run anymore.

You see, a few months ago, I was in my dad's car, waiting for him to drive me to school, when I discovered something in front of me. It was a letter from the insurance company. To sum things up, it read that my dad's making a case against the insurance, and he claimed that I have Autism, which I really don't. I talked to my dad, and he said he'd probably get $200,000-500,000 off the case. Well, according to his lawyer.

$200,000 itself sounds like a nice lump sum of money, but do we really need it? We'd probably need $10,000 to get our relatives here, but even so... getting the money through dishonest means is just not my style. Especially since my ass could be on the line when I'm 18, if they find out I don't have Autism. And I don't. And I don't like to lie about having something so serious, something that my brother has. What a great tribute to pay to my brother's illness - a lie of having it!

I told my mother early this morning about how this lie was just eating me up to my very core. She started yelling at me, about how I'd have to be crazy to deny $200,000. I asked her if she'd rather have $200,000 and a daughter with a lifetime of guilt, or a normal life and a daughter who's feeling well. She said yes. Then, I told her if she'd support me with my decision. She then started with the yelling again.

I went on to school, feeling very confused. Instead of going straight to class, I went to the guidance center and sat in the back. I waited for my friend so I could tell her exactly what I'm telling you guys, and just so I'd be able to get this out more easily. In fact, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have had it in me to be able to tell you this.

We eventually had to move to another room due to a teacher making exams in the room we were currently in. I told her as much as there was left to tell, and I told her I just have to move away. I need to. Readers, I'm going to call some women's shelters, pack up my stuff, and leave my house. Maybe not tonight, but definitely by tommorow. I'm nobody's fucking tool.

That's not the end of it, however. I was just in Accounting class 10-15 minutes ago, when a lady on the PA called me down to the attendance office. I went down, and was told that I had a call on line 3. I picked up, and it was my mom trying to reassure me that things were just peachy. I felt more reassured than ever that I wanted to leave.

Wish me luck on the beginning of my new life. I know I can't wait for a new start!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap.

:|
come live with me? aha.

fathers just plain old suck dont they...ugh

Flora Korkis said...

Nadine, we still have to meet haha. Email me at deep_secret1@msn.com about the time and location. :)

Anyway, it's for the best. I'm at a friend's house right now, and she's out for a smoke. We've been discussing the matter. She's been such a great help.

Stephanie said...

Good luck with the moving, I think it's definitely the right decision.