Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Friday, January 18, 2008

The Aftermath

For months, I've been looking for a supervisor for my in-school group called Aftermath. I found one some weeks ago, and we've already got some things planned. However, before I tell you about our first event, I'd like you to see the Group Concept that I gave to her. Anything that I don't want to be revealed will be replaced with a "~" symbol.

Group Submission

Submitted by: Flora ~(# ~)
Submitted to: Ms. ~
Group name: Aftermath
Group concept: Aftermath is a group that will focus on past, present, and ongoing violence between/on nations with a political/social motive; specifically attacks that are lesser-known, but have great impact. Exceptions are made (eg. Holocaust). Cause (political/social situation) and effect (aftermath; the effect on citizens and said nation) are the 2 big factors taken into consideration during each discussion of any violence going on between nations.

What we will do: talk to victims from victims circles, report on their personal experience, and incorporate it into our stories. Nation to nation violence does not only affect survivors, but also descendants of the survivors. Facts about each situation will be presented (referring back to cause and effect). Fundraising for victim circles and trips would be something that should preferably be added to Aftermath’s group concept.

This will be edited soon, but with very minor changes. I'll definitely show you guys the changes later, and we'll have a tag here called Aftermath for everything Aftermath-related. If you guys have any suggestions for stuff I should change, go ahead and be my guest.

No comments: