Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Breaking the law

Today was a.... strange but fun day, to say the least. I woke up at about 9:30AM, went back to sleep, and got up at 11:30AM. I love being lazy.

Anyway, my brother kept prompting me to get ready later on to go to the mall, about 2 or 3 hours later. So I got ready, and went downstairs. We (me, my brother, my mom) were hassling about missing bus tickets. Apparently mom took mine from my room. Strangely, my brother volunteered out of the blue to pay for my ticket.

We get out the front door, and my brother tells me he drove the car around with only a G2 on his own (you have to drive with a person with the G to drive if you only have your G2). Well, that didn't surprise me because of the argument he and my mom had earlier. So, before I explain what we did, I'll explain the argument.

To start it off, my dad is an absolute horse's ass. And no, I'm no spoiled emo kid, I'm just stating what everyone, including my mother thinks. I don't get why she bothers listening to him, since he is just a con (too much to explain), very emotionally unstable, unreasonable, irrational, impulsive; the list goes on. So anyway, that characterization is important in the situation because, for some reason, my dad won't help out my brother with getting his G until he turns 20, because, apparently, he doesn't know how to drive at all. I later found out that was mostly a lie. My mom rarely disagrees with my dad though he's a complete piece of scum like I described.

We're out the front door, and he tells me we don't have change for the bus. So how the Hell do we get around to the mall? You guessed it - we rode in my dad's car. I felt so fucking cool, and I'd do it again if he asked me to. We first drove over to the bank to get money to replace the gas we were to use up (my dad notices meter changes), and then to the mall.

We went to HMV for me to spend my own $100 on some CD's, since I'm a music geek. I ended up getting 7 CD's. Here they are in no particular order:

  1. Unleashed Memories by Lacuna Coil with additional Halflife EP added into it
  2. Steal This Album by SOAD (System of a Down)
  3. Hypnotize by SOAD
  4. Once by Nightwish
  5. The Wall (Pts 1 & 2) by Pink Floyd
  6. Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces by Seether

It all came down to about $87 or so. I'm a very impulsive buyer, but I don't regret my purchases. I've wanted them for a long time.

After purchasing these items from HMV, me and him headed straight home. Before that, however, we encountered some problems on the road. First, when we were leaving the mall parking lot, some dumb bitch just decides to run across the parking lot in front of us and get a bunch of cars, including ours, crowded together. I was telling my brother to end her misery, and to "run over the dumb bitch." There's nothing I can't stand more than jaywalkers who suck at jaywalking and get everyone fucked over in the process.

When we got home, we realized we were missing one key from the key set. We traced back our path in the snow, and still came up with nothing. So we pretty much just walked back home, and were thankfully undetected. We still have absolutely no clue where that key is, and my father will probably be extremely pissed when he comes home from Syria, but fuck that old bitter bastard. That felt so fucking awesome to drive around with a family member without him. My brother did possibly one of the most badass things ever.

Stick it to the man!

No comments: