Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

If the world was colour blind

I sat here in the darkness, waiting for your call
But if the world was colour blind,
I wouldn't have waited to hear nothing at all
I promised you we'd never be apart
But if the world was colour blind
I'd never have broken that part
It feels like centuries
since I've lost that part of me
And what I've convinced myself to be truth
was all along just blasphemy
If I hadn't lied
and if the world was colour blind
then maybe I wouldn't feel so hollow inside
and you wouldn't have committed suicide

This is a poem I wrote some months ago. I just found it last night in my cabinet (with a million other lost pieces). What I'd like you to do is answer me this.... what do you think the story behind this piece is? What relevence does it have to your life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.
your poem made me think, it made me sad but it made me think.
very good writing, dork

Flora Korkis said...

Haha Dork, I know it's you, but it almost looked like you were calling me a dork. Which would be true =P