Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Friday, January 4, 2008

Articles on Atheism and why to denounce religion by Ethical Atheist

Look at the menu to the right. On the links section, you'll see Ethical Atheist as one of them. I go on this site every day (I'm obsessed) and, using logic and reason, rather than religion, a lot of the people on that site are able to answer my questions. For anyone considering becoming an Atheist or Agnostic, this site is definitely for you. However, here's some material from EA to get you started off. I'm sure these basics will lead you elsewhere.
I Will Not Go Away
By the Ethical Atheist

I walk among you. I live next door.
My office is right down the hall from yours.
My child sits next to yours in school.

I live my life by the Golden Rule...
that most basic principle of ethical behavior
that people have followed through the ages.
I treat others as I would like to be treated.
So simple, yet rarely followed...

I practice tolerance.
I do not discriminate by race or gender.
I strive to make the world a better place.
I seek answers to the unknown and
attempt to educate all with answers to the known.

I view the universe in a different way than you
for I am a scientist, an educator,
a free thinker, an atheist.

While you attribute the great unknown mysteries to your God,
I use reason, logic and scientific methods in search
of answers to the as yet unexplained.

This should not be reason that we cannot
live together... practicing tolerance.
Yet, if your opinion differs, so be it!

For I will continue on my path...
I will find answers.
I will educate, and
I will not go away.

These are all the articles I'm listing. Be sure to read the articles that these pages link to. Also, please feel free to use this post as an open forum for commenting on Atheism, Agnosticism, the ethics of Atheism and Agnosticism, and about Ethical Atheist.

2 comments:

Ana said...

I agree. I'm an atheist. I live by my observations,heart and science not a book.

Flora Korkis said...

That's the best way to live, dear. :)