Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Joe Rogan, the man we love to hate

We all love him... well, not all. Some prefer to love to hate him, as did I, before I actually really heard what he had to say out of the spotlight. He's the co-host of UFC (I can't even remember whatever the fuck the other dude's name is), he's a comedian, he was that guy that hosted Fear Factor, and until recently, I've discovered that he's that famous blogger.

Joe Rogan, the Gaian sensation, is a very unique character. Once you see him on TV, you think he's a total tool, but when you check out his blog (at http://www.joerogan.net/), he's the fucking shit. Seriously, whenever I listen to him comment on any UFC fight (yes, he's a commentator too), he sounds like he's taken it up the ass one too many times by Randy Couture. Then, when he was a host on Fear Factor, he just seemed like a gross fuck who was funny at times. However, I now know differently...

Honestly, I had a love/hate relationship with Joe until I looked at his blog. For example... you know how you used to think his loud voice was violently obnoxious? Well, now I see it in a different light: whenever I'm at a bar watching a UFC event, and whenever everyone's screaming like a bunch of rampant gypsies (they honestly scream like gypsies each time their favourite guy takes down the opponent), I can always count on hearing one man: Joe Fuckin' Rogan. Whenever I hear him acting like he's been getting ass-fucked by Randy, I just can't help but find it humorous. Joe's just that kind of guy once you get to see the more personal side of him. Hell, I'm loving this guy now!

Lastly, as a treat, here's Joe Rogan's reaction to the infamous "2Girls1Cup" video, and his friend's reaction to the BME Pain Olympics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhevNN1BDnQ

No comments: