Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The music that inspires you

Everyone's got "their song," "their album," "their band," so on and so forth. Whether the music touches them in a spiritual sense, makes them want to dance, makes them relax or focus, or makes them see things in an introspective manner, there is always something in their brain that tells them "this appeals to me." And, with modern mainstream (the popular) music being absolute shit in my opinion, I can't help but wonder what purpose such music serves to our generation.

My questions are as follows:

  1. What kind of music do you listen to?
  2. Do you put an emphasis on lyrics as being most important, music being most important, or both?
  3. Do you read the lyrics to all/most of the songs you listen to on a regular basis?
  4. What does the music you listen to inspire you to do?

2 comments:

Ana said...

i listen to indie music like Arcade Fire but my favourite singer is Fiona Apple.
The music is what draws you in and attracts you but the lyrics are the story, or secret.
I always look up/read lyrics to songs. haha
music inspires me in the way i dress, and the mood im in. i would die without it. or at least go crazy!

Flora Korkis said...

Fiona Apple is lovely. I loved the song O Sailor Boy!

I feel the same way. Without music, I'd just be naked. Haha. Okay, maybe not that but..... :)