Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Benazir Bhutto killed in assassination

I just read the article from Yahoo Canada, and though I didn't know much about her prior to her assassination today, I can't help but feel horrible. Not just for Benazir's death, but for the sake of democracy in Pakistan. I can see why her supporters reacted with such great destruction - because she was a great lady. How much personal courage does it take to be a woman involved in politics, in a country like Pakistan, to be so heavily involved with the Americans and to agree with their War on Terror? It takes so much that words cannot describe how I now feel about her. The sad part is, however, that she died not too far away from where her father was executed.

R.I.P. Benazir Bhutto

1 comment:

Flamenco said...

Yeah, I don't know anymore. I just don't know. I was at a debate tournament discussing American involvement with Pakistan and the prospective negotiations with General Musharref and we talked about how Bhutto was with the United States, calling for moderation in the Pakistani government, calling for democracy while Mushareff made half-hearted attempts to comply.

This event can either be a major setback for Pakistan or can incite more cause for democracy, or merely stability. I don't understand why these extremists are so against that. Its all in the name of fucking twisted religion.