Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I love accounting errors

I have a really funny story that I've been meaning to tell you guys for a little while. It's not the greatest story ever, but it's pretty amusing. It was a few days ago; one of those days I mentioned in a previous journal where me and my brother were hanging out a lot outside. Myself and he decided to spend the combined $100 we had for Christmas on something together. So what did we decide to buy? We went to the local Blockbuster and purchased all of the used video games we could afford!

The video games we bought came to about $96 on 5 games. However, we should've paid more.

As the cashier was scanning all of the items we purchased (Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Final Fantasy XII, Xenosaga III), we noticed that the previous pre-tax addition that we did didn't balance with what the cashier totalled. Ofcourse, being assholes, we didn't tell the lady that she basically gave us a free game. I swear, as soon as I got the chance, which was right behind the first door I saw, I jumped for joy and I yelled, "HELL YES!" That was one sweet night.

I'll give you guys a couple of reviews of the games within time, though they're old and you'd probably not give a shit.

No comments: