Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Friday, December 28, 2007

The Seamy Side of History

It's a really great read, written by Honore De Balzac. His writings about French society are truly compelling and insightful. Its almost like you really are walking under the "shadowy breath of the Notre Dame". Anyways...

My Favorites of 2007:

In the literature category- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

As for music - What Goes Around Comes Around by Justin Timberlake (okay shoot me)

Now for movies! - Across the Universe or We Own the Night......There Will Be Blood had a lot of potential, but the story was flatter than a pancake............or Atonement with Kiera Knightly or Sweeney Todd.....sorry, its really hard for me to pick when it comes to movies

Magazines - Vogue the December issue or Nylon the September issue

Person of the Year - Me of course.....no haha...umm probably Barack Obama, even though I don't want to see him get elected in 2008, he still made a nice name for himself and I do like him.

What about you?

5 comments:

Flora Korkis said...

Literature - Ontario Driver's Book :p

Music - The Divine Conspiracy by Epica.

Movies - Ratatouille was lovely.

Magazines - Time Magazine, as per usual.

Person of the Year - My great aunt Shukria, for getting me lots of hummus today. =)

Flamenco said...

ahhhhh I love hummus.

And are you getting your driver's license??

Flora Korkis said...

Not at this point. I'm planning way too much stuff with regards to student peace groups.

Flamenco said...

Oh, I thought that was what you meant by the Ontario Driver's Book.

Anyways, good luck with your student peace groups. What are you planning on doing?

I did not want to say anything on the teen vogue forums, because, quite frankly, I am sick of the users and the pointless threads, but I am working for the Clinton campaign at the Los Angeles headquarters. Its great fun, and hopefully I will even get to meet her (for perhaps a bried five seconds). That would be so cool, but yes, I am really tied up right now too even though I am done with my college applications.

Flora Korkis said...

Flamenco, I'm starting a group called Aftermath that focuses on nation to nation violence unknown to North America that still has been very significant. We're going to do some rallies, protests, reports, etc... very soon (hopefully). I've been going back and forth between this whole thing for 1 or 2 months now though.

That's really cool about what you're doing. Rather than just talking about something, like the TVF girls do (no offense to all of them specifically), you're doing something about what you believe in. That's what life's about.