Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Thursday, November 8, 2007

What was the best CD you ever bought?

I'm sitting here at my desk and it's 6:12PM. What to do? Write on Blogspot, ofcourse! So, I want to know from you... What was the best CD you ever bought? Why?

Personally, the best CD I ever bought was Disclaimer 2 by Seether, and not for the musical skill it took to write the music, but the lyrics really connected with me. You see, when I got that album, I was going through a lot in my life that nothing could help me with. But when I played Disclaimer 2, and when I really listed to what Shaun (Seether's lead singer and lead guitarist) had to say on that album, I just thought, "man, that guy really understands what's going on in my life. Now I know what to do and what not to do to change things." And here I am, remaining in better condition than I was prior to hearing the album.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

any michael jackson cd.
joni mitchell hits
or
deja entendu by brand new. i can listen to the entire album without wanting to skip to the next song. its amazing.

i couldnt just pick one :)

Anonymous said...

probably the soundtrack to "Grease" because it's just so freaking catchy.
I'd say my N*Sync CD comes in a close second. haha.

tinkerbelle said...

Probably any of my S Club 7 cds or the Spice Girls, haha. I love my British pop

Ana said...

hmmm maybe Arcade Fire's "Funeral." Or Fiona Apple's "Tidal."