Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Cheerio, darlings!

I haven't posted yet, so consider this both my first post and my introduction.

Most of you probably don't know me at all, so I'll start by filling you in. My name is Blair and I'm 100% English, born and bred. Until, that is, last April when my so-not-hilarious parents decided to move to Canada. For five years of my life, I have also lived in Singapore (a small country in South East Asia on the tip of Malaysia).

I am a competitive synchronized swimmer at a National level, and I love it. I used to do gymnastics and ballet as well.

I just spent summer oh seven living in the hospital for depression and an eating disorder. Don't feel sorry for me, though. I'm fighting every day and I'm determined to beat this.

Basically, I'll post about what I see happening in the world, along with somewhat useless things that I know you all love to hear about.

xxx

4 comments:

Flora Korkis said...

Hey Blair! You seem to have an interesting life. Can't wait to read your posts, and fight, hon, fight! You make me smile.

Ciao dear!

PS: What was Singapore like, and what do you think of Canada? Perhaps you could make 2 posts on each subject.... (just a thought, you don't have to though!)

Unknown said...

Where do you live now? And what eating disorder is it?

And as flora said! Fight! =D

tinkerbelle said...

I live in Canada now.

And I was/am anorexic with some purging plus depression and anxiety

Ana said...

hey...cant wait to read your posts

right now im doing counseling for self harm/depression even though to most i dont seem like "that" kind of person.