Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Speeding Asshole

We all have that same routine that we’re very familiar with before we go to school or work every morning. We take a shower, brush our teeth, comb our hair, eat breakfast, and then leave the house. The comfort of morning routines relieves us.

Today, I did all of these things, but it wasn’t a change of routine that had me shell-shocked.

After I got ready for school, I walked there from my house, as usual. It took about 20 minutes to get there. As I reached the first crossing, a car was passing near me. I was about to walk past it, and everything seemed normal, but then, it happened.

When the car was just a meter away from me, another car sped up from behind me to my left and then hit the front of the first car. Honestly, it was as if the front just had a baby car or something and it's water just broke. In this case, the fuel.

It wasn’t something spectacular, obviously. I was shell-shocked until I actually got to school. But how could somebody be so careless as to speed up right in front of a person? I don’t even understand why you’d speed and risk your life to begin with, but to risk nearly killing somebody just because you need to get somewhere is selfish, careless, and most of all, pretty much almost killing somebody because of those reasons that make you an asshole.

No comments: