Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The never-ending chronicles of moron: part who-knows-what

I wrote this in my 2nd period classroom between 9:30AM and 10:52AM

There's so much noise and I'm so tired. It's hard to block it all out and write fluidly right now, but I'm doing the best I can.

It was early in the morning, at about 7:30AM. I woke up quite late, though I originally woke up at 6, when I went back to sleep and set my alarm clock for 7. Obviously, the clock didn't serve its purpose. And yes, I did have it set properly. I even checked twice after 7:30.

As soon as I woke up, I saw my dad. He looked pretty angry as he yelled, "It's 7:30!" I actually didn't realize that until he yelled it to me, which was when I checked my alarm clock. I explained to him my situation, and he started accusing me of lying. He even accused me of lying when I showed him myself that the alarm was set properly.

I went downstairs soon after, and I saw my mom. She asked me for the time and I told her it was 7:30. Looking at me with panic, she said, "go and change into your clothes!" "I'll find my clothes after I eat." She got a bit mad when I said that, and replied with a response of how I had no time to eat and how I was going to be late. Well quite frankly, I was going to be late whether I ate or not because I only had about 40 minutes to get ready and be at school, and it usually takes me about 25 minutes to walk there.

So there I was, eating strawberry cereal in the kitchen and waiting for the water I put in a kettle to finish boiling for my coffee, because I was just so fucking tired. Yes, I stayed up until about two; playing video games until 12 and writing more articles until 2 or 3 (I'm almost positive it was 2, but it could have gone to 3 since I didn't really check the time often) until my mom caught me and told me I had to go to bed. Since my mom was there, she was able to blame my lateness on my lack of sleep. I on the other hand, still blame it on my alarm clock not working.

My dad chose to tag along with my mom. He eventually came downstairs. I can't recall everything that happened, because I'm still a bit "out of it." I was still eating breakfast. And then, it happened - drama queen daddy (my dad's new nickname as of three, two, one, zero, now) showed up and displaced all possibly existing normalcy. Since I still can't remember a lot of shit, I'll tell you the results of the small "alarm clock mistake": I can't use the computer, TV, or play video games for 10 days. I supposedly have to cancel all plans unrelated to school. I can't go to the library anymore.

Do you honestly think I'd listen to that? Again, just because someone is older than you, doesn't mean they should have more privileges to hold more authority or deem themselves less ignorant than you. Don't get caught up in the "elders are wisest" crap, because if I'd fallen for it much longer, I'd probably have no will of my own, but that just of my father's. Believe me, I'm no angel, but my father is the queen of overreaction. Maybe I should get off my pills so I could start doing the same to him.

No comments: