Welcome to ATWKS!

“Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”

- Henry Ford

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Buffalo wins! Here's some news:

Due to my not being allowed to use the computer on weekdays because of my dad (yes, I promised I wouldn't mention him ever again, but this reason is legitimate), my posting has been restricted by quite a bit. Also, the lack of inspiration due to outside projects. However, I am now well-aware of the fact that I do have people who care about what I have to say, and promise that I will return to my regular course of writing. No excuses.

However, this post is not about me. It's about a 16-year-old "artist," and my best friend, Meaghan. I wouldn't say her art is necessarily complex, but it's entertaining and has its charm. Basically, what I'm trying to tell you is that we've now got a new contributer to ATWKS, who'll be posting her drawings onto the website. There'll also be times where I'll post them for her in the case that she can't do it herself, as her computer sucks ass as well as mine. I've already got several of her drawings, and plan to scan them in soon.

Lily, I am so sorry to have left you behind in the postings, but may it be known that you are brilliant. And Meaghan, I am jealous of your art talent.

9 comments:

Buffalo said...

It's about time!

Flamenco said...

Oh my gosh, I thought you died or something! I had no idea....did you ever get my email I sent you? I never got a reply back and it said that you changed your email, but now I know that you have probably been busy and that you are not allowed to go on the computer on weekdays....ahh Just to let you know, I check up on this blog almost everyday but I was not sure if I should keep posting because I thought you sort of gave up on it.

And thats exciting about your artistic friend!

Flamenco said...

By the way, I go on TV more often because they added a Politics forum and an Eco-chic forum. Its interesting, but then you have 14 year olds trying to debate with you and sometimes I wish you had stayed on....oh, and there is this user Leesah and boy, she thinks she is so friggin smart. Well, she is. She has stumped me on many debates we have had and, get this, she is a McCain supporter. A friggin Republican succeeding at making me speechless sometimes!

Oh, and maybe you can understand this: I have switched my allegiances toward Obama. I am pretty upset at Clinton right now. She is ruining the Democratic Party.

What about you? What have you been up to? How is your organization going? I know you have limited time to spend on the computer, so yeah....

Flora Korkis said...

I'm SO sorry, you honestly do not know how sorry I am. I'm not dead though.

Obama's a cool cat, so I'm fine with your betrayal :P

Ahh, plenty is going on in my life. Firstly, I'm auditioning for a heavy metal band called Beyond Eternity as their vocalist. We don't know what the heck we're going to do, haha.

Oh man I gave up on TeenVogue a long time ago. I go on sites like Metal Archives, because heavy metal pretty much consumes my life, apart from politics and writing. I don't know a day where I haven't listened to the sounds of Kamelot (you should definitely check them out, and man I love their video Rule The World!).

I've decided I'm going to post on ATWKS through my school's Special Ed department computers. How badass is that? :P

And that's weird... I don't recall changing my email...

Flamenco said...

Yeah, ummm...err....I won't type out your email here so.....its the one that starts with a "d" right? Well, I use Verizon email and sometimes it can get so screwed up. I'll try again and see if something is worked out. I am very computer illiterate, I'll have you know, but I remember it saying that the email was invalid and every time I hit the send button, it would take me back to the login page. I fucking love Verizon to no end.
Anyways, don't worry! Its cool.

Beyond Eternity sounds like an awesome endeavor. You can really sing?! I had no clue. I am sure you guys are going to figure something out. Is it a serious band? Such as maybe trying to get a record deal? Or playing at shows and whatnot? Oh, *remember to download Kamelot songs*. Got it. Hey, I hope you get the spot on the band. You seem to have so much gosh darn talent.

Ehh, you are not missing much. TV is on the brink of lame, if not already there.

So, I do not think I have told you this, but I turned down Georgetown and Wellesley and I am going to USC (University of Southern California) in the fall. I am so thrilled to be a Trojan.

Anyways....YES, so badass. Like, no lie. You seem to be of the rebellious sort.

Flora Korkis said...

Yup, it's the d. :)

Yup, I can sing. Have been doing rock music for a few years, but now started doing classical in addition.

I don't know how far the band'll go if I do get in. All I know is that I'm excited :)

You're going to be a Trojan? So, you are basically a human condom? :P

Good news on you going to University. :)

Sydney said...

I'M AN ASPIRING ARTIST AS WELL!

Buffalo said...

Promises, promises, promises. Flora, where's the writing?

Flora Korkis said...

I'm honestly sorry, I've been getting a lot more trouble from certain people who I may not mention than I thought I would. However, I am not 100% certain that it is over, so I promise to TELL YOU when I have something up.